Week 8: Google Sites. What a great idea!


I have decided to do a Google Site just like the one we are using for our E-course, I always like to challenge myself to learn and do new things, I tried blogger for the first time few weeks ago and I think I doing fine I know how it works and how to manage it now, still need to know some features better, but will do it soon. Now, the Google Site I am working on is challenge for me as well, it is the first time I am working on this platform.
I will use this Google Site publish all information and materials needed for the live and playback version Webinars. This will certainly help not only students but teachers and all those who will be willing to join us for the webinars because they will be able to read all tasks and download the materials to be used in the classes or workshop sessions.
This Google Site will be used by English major students mainly, English learners in general and teachers from the UTN and other institutions.
I mentioned before that one of the learning problems students have in Ecuador is autonomy, this Google Site is going to help students a lot be more autonomous. Owing to, they will have clear tasks with their goals and deadlines, I will have to monitor and keep track of their work so that they will push themselves a bit to do things on time.
Parents and Teachers play a vital role in students´ autonomy, so when parents are not around or responsible for it, it is our job to make learners realize of it. We should start teaching students how to be autonomous since the very first day of class, it should be the first rule in class, I do it and to tell you about it, at the beginning some students hate me somehow, others are surprised and some even think I am a bit crazy but at the end of the day, all of them thank me because of they see that I was right and how much autonomy helps them not only in learning English but all subjects and even in their lives.
This is the URL of the site I am creating, I have not finished yet however, I have already done part of it.
Google site URL: https://sites.google.com/site/caiutne/

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Google Sites: Simple, secure group websites


Comments

  1. Hi Javier
    I really like the collaborative possibilities of google sites. That and the fact that it is hosted in the cloud gives it some advantages of say designing using dreamweaver or HTML from a static computer. It gives me a lot of flexibility as an eTeacher.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7: Learning Autonomously

Week 8: ANVILL is great

Week 6: Large and small classes teaching Techniques